|Date: August 11, 2012|
|Time: 5:00 pm||to||7:30 pm|
Come join the Kahler Glen Athletic Club and Kahler Glen Community Association for an evening of percussive and lyrical jazz with Christine & John T. Humphreys (of KOHO radio) and BBQ at a family friendly cost.
- Location, the Kahler Glen Athletic Club
- BYOB; ice and cups will be provided.
Our goal this year is to focus attention on the importance that Lake Wenatchee State Park has for our community.
- Whether it is the summer season that brings campers and golfers or those anglers searching for the elusive sockeye fish in the lake, or whether it is the winter season that brings XC skiers to use the beautiful groomed trails, the State Park is a magnet of commercial energy to our community.
- Some campers become property owners in our greater Lake Wenatchee / Plain area.
- Others become seasonal renters of local properties.
- Visitors and campers purchase supplies and food at local businesses.
In the long run, the amenities of the State Park influence residential property values and the welfare of the local businesses.
Besides the BBQ and music we will have a display emphasizing the importance that the State Park plays on our immediate recreational pleasure. We will encourage both visitors and residents to purchase the Discovery Park pass as well as the Snow Park grooming permits.
With the recent budget cuts, developing a robust volunteer system is essential if the State system is to survive. We will have a signup form to help the State Park with preparing the XC trail system before the snow covers the ground. We will be conducting volunteer ‘brush cutting’ work parties during the month of October on the various groomed trails in the area – the Nason Ridge system, both the North and South State Park trails and the Chiwawa Sea and Ski trail.
This event is being sponsored by the Kahler Glen Community Association and the Kahler Glen Athletic Club.
Contact: Bill/Nancy Miller 763.0560