This is the on-line edition of Wenatchee Outdoors, and with their permission we republish it here. WenatcheeOutdoors.org
Mid-April and there’s a lot happening in and around the outdoors in Central Washington.
· Pedal Driven (the locally made mountain biking film) airs Tuesday, April 17 (7 p.m.), Wenatchee Valley Museum.
· The Wenatchee Marathon runs April 21.
· Wildflower and Windpower Walks at Wild Horse Wind/ Solar Facility. April 22, 28, May12.
· Recreation planning public meeting for Naneum Ridge State Forest (near Mission Ridge). April 26 (7 p.m.), Wenatchee Convention Center.
· Which wildflowers are out now? Where can you learn more about local flowers?
· Check the trail and road conditions Leavenworth, Wenatchee, and elsewhere.
· What are the local climbing conditions around Leavenworth and Vantage?
· Backcountry skiing is going strong—check here for snow and avalanche conditions.
· What are the water levels on the Wenatchee River, Icicle and Peshastin creeks, and more?
Trip Reports / Guidebook Information
· John Plotz tackles an extreme line skiing off Axis Peak.
· Andy Dappen tackles an unextreme line skiing off Iron Mountain.
· Fred Stanley highlights a nice hiking loop at Sun Lakes State Park.
· Roger Gervin finds an unusual loop hike connecting Dusty and Ancient lakes.
· Adam Vognild explores Victoria’s secret while skiing Cashmere Mountain.
· Little-Big Men: Small items packing a big benefits in the money, weight, or convenience saved.
As always you can also find regional weather reports, road and trail reports, outdoor groups and clubs, our detailed on-line guidebooks, outdoor photo galleries, regional webcams, outdoor videos, regional news, visitor’s information and more at WenatcheeOutdoors.org.